How to Get Restaurant and Bar Insurance in Santa Clarita Valley
Looking for Restaurant and Bar Insurance in the Santa Clarita Valley?
The Santa Clarita Valley may seem like “small town USA”, but there are dozens of restaurants and bars in Santa Clarita alone.. If you are one of the owners, then you already know how tough if can be to run a bar or restaurant. And solid bar and restaurant insurance is a critical part of running a successful business that can survive.
Running a restaurant, bar or nightclub is full of responsibilities and never-ending tasks. Just the hiring and training of staff can be a full time job! And you still need to focus on top level customer service, be proactive in your sales and marketing efforts to bring more people to your restaurant regularly–not to mention dealing with health inspections, paying bills, and of course there always seem to be those that jump to leave negative reviews or complaints.
With all these pressures that come from managing your business, the last thing you want to worry about is getting sideswiped by a lawsuit or other claim that could seriously hurt your business. While we may live and work in the Golden State, California is also considered one of the most litigious states in the nation.
What Are the Types of Insurance Policies for Food and Alcohol Establishments
Insurance isn’t something that most business owners like to think about. Not only would they rather focus on running their restaurant, making money and expanding but insurance is there to protect against circumstances that many of us would rather not think about! Avoiding the negative is a natural way to think but it is also extremely risky to ignore the risks that can occur when you least expect them. And so, restaurant and bar insurance coverage is a necessity for all those different situations that could arise.
Food poisoning, disgruntled employees, discriminatory treatment and so forth are all common reasons that restaurants get sued. There are also natural disasters, fires, plumbing related floods or even the loss of perishables during prolonged power outages. The point is that there are multiple reasons why food and beverage establishments must have the right kind, or kinds, of insurance.
Just are there are multiple sources of risks, there are different types of restaurant & bar insurance policies to protect your business. These include:
- General liability insurance–this protects against property damage and personal injury claims made by third parties
- Inventory insurance–helpful in cases of food loss or spoilage
- Property insurance–protects against damage caused by fire, lightning, and other natural disasters
- Food and beverage insurance–these are special food and beverage insurance and flood insurance policies that may be helpful for your specific restaurant or bar
- Liquor liability insurance–most establishments that serve alcohol take out liquor liability insurance policies. These policies will protect you if a customer has too much to drink and then attempts to drive afterward. If one of your customers hurts either themselves or others on the road during their drive back home, you will be protected
- Workers’ compensation and unemployment insurance–support the well-being of your staff and guard you against any potential conflict they could have with your business
- Commercial auto insurance–If your restaurant offers delivery, adding commercial auto insurance will protect company vehicles from damage or theft. This coverage is valid for any private or commercial vehicles that are borrowed, leased, owned, or rented by your company.
- Owner life insurance–You may also want to take out a life insurance policy for yourself. In the worst-case scenario, this will help keep your business in the family even if you are no longer with them. It can also help cover the mortgage on your business property and pay for bills.
How Much Does Insurance Cost for a Nightclub, Restaurant, Pub or Bar?
Just like that famous question, “how long is a piece of string” the only way to answer it is to measure it. In the case of a small business, such as a restaurant or bar, the first step is to assess the needs and the risks–and this is where a trained, licensed and experienced commercial insurance agent is worth their weight.
But, as a good restaurant owner/operator is always cost conscious, the first question is likely to be, “How much does this kind of insurance coverage cost?” Of course, restaurant insurance varies by location and by size, but many typical restaurants pay as little as $150 to $200 per month for insurance. Due to the risks involve, bar insurance can be considerably more expensive–often costing several thousand dollars a month.
As you saw above, there are multiple types of insurance needed and in most cases these can be combined and packaged. This is not only more convenient but normally a policy package provides a discounted rate as well.
Adding extra coverage for life insurance, unemployment, workers’ comp insurance, and other forms of insurance will of course add up for further charges. If your business is seasonal, then this could make a difference as well. But as complicated as all of this sounds, the fact is that we take care of the “devilish details” so you can focus on running your business.
These insurance policies are there to protect your business from failing and it is our job to see that you are covered.
And, importantly, you may qualify for additional savings if you buy all of your policies through the same firm or agent, such as Lucas Insurance Services. Give us a call at 661-255-6363 today, and we will help you get all the quality coverage you need at the cheapest price!
Getting the best policy for your business can be a confusing process. That is why we are here, to not only provide quotes but to help you to fully understand your business needs and how the right policy can best protect you.
It is not enough to just purchase any restaurant and bar insurance policy. To best protect your restaurant and bar from potentially severe risks you need a policy that fits your needs, covers your unique risks and is backed by a company that you can trust to be there when you need them.
With our help, you can make sure your business is secure. When it comes to bars and restaurants in the Lancaster and Palmdale area we have been the trusted source for insurance coverage for over 30 years.
When you call us, simply ask for a Licensed Commercial Insurance Agent and we will be happy to set up a consultation. Once we have clarified what is most important for your specific business, it is easy for us to research and put together the best insurance coverage for you business.
We are specialists in all lines of commercial insurance, including quality coverage for restaurants and bars. Please give us a call at 661-255-6363 to set up a consultation today.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!